The Lukas LK-7950 WD is one of the latest cameras Published by the Korean Producer Qrontech. This is a full featured double channel camera using 1080p recording for both the front and rear cameras. The LK-7950 WD relies on the Texas Instruments TMS320DM8148 processor which controls the two cameras.
The front camera records at 1080p 30fps with a bit rate of 7Mbps. The back camera records at 1080p 24fps using a bit speed of 5Mbps. This camera has very good video quality during the day and decent video quality at night for the front camera. The rear camera is a marginally worse due to the reduced bit rate and reduced fps. The Panorama X2 (2 processors and greater bitrate) has slightly better video quality but the LK-7950-WD isn’t so far behind.
Why is the Lukas stand out is the number of attributes provided:
- Dual Performance: Uses a Complete size SD card (maximum 256GB) for ordinary audio and a microSD card (maximum 256GB) for event footage
- The front and back cameras are different files but also the viewer software synchronizes them for viewing
- WiFi capability with Android and iOS apps
- Many adjustment settings (such as correcting for tinted windows) and even enables adjustments to me personally made while the camera is recording
- Extreme operating temperature capability of -30C to 80C
- Built-in low voltage cut-off
- UV Filter and CPL Filter
- Skill to specify the movement detection area
- Auto-format function
- Excellent Lukas viewer program
- Optional Built-in GPS that provides the capability to travel space
- Optional OBDII connectivity
- If you’re searching for the most feature rich double dashboard camera, the LK-7950 WD is one of the best for 2015.
However, there are some things to be aware of:
- The biggest disadvantage is the large size of the front camera in 109mm x 99mm x 38mm. The rear camera is quite a bit more discreet
- The apparent holders are somewhat visible when installed. Full black would be a little more discreet.
- The LK-7950 WD was designed to be utilized for parking style and no smoke lighter provided. A 3-wire hardwire ( battery, acc, ground) is provided and this is typically connected to the fuse box. You can purchase an optional cigarette lighter connector if necessary
- We’d like to thank our members reverend, Sunny and USDashCamera who supplied comprehensive reviews in our forum.
We also recommend you to read this Nextbase 312GW Dash Cam Review